Friday, January 25, 2013

Welcome 2013

I know, it's a little late for a new year post. Oh well. I can't believe another year has gone by and while I'm feeling a little reflective, I figured I should reflect.

This year has been incredible. It's definitely had it's highs and lows and well, surprises! When this past year started out Andrew and I were thinking about buying a new house and then gave up thinking we should wait until we were more financially ready. We also started the new year not even discussing having a new baby yet. Instead, we planned on saving money and Andrew focused on getting through school. Little did we know that God had different plans for us.

Who knew that missing some birth control pills would change everything? HAHA. Elliot was a surprise for sure and we quickly made adjustments. We started looking for houses again and moved in October. If that wasn't a surprise for sure...who knew that we would finish the year with our little one at home already? After a "complicated" pregnancy and a NICU stay, we ended the year with our two little boys in our new house.

We are beyond blessed to have the year we've  had. Andrew is now working full time near our house and is going to school part time. We will be looking for another vehicle soon and will also be getting Isaac enrolled in kindergarten this year. My toddler became a little boy in a matter of what seems like minutes. I see him growing each day that goes by and he never ceases to amaze me.

Elliot is getting bigger by the minute as well. And as I get ready to head back to work, I am soaking up every minute.

Thank you for following our family on our journey. Hopefully we'll have another exciting year to share.



No comments: