Monday, May 23, 2011

Mommy's First Field Trip!

Isaac's old school was so last minute with letting us know about field trips, that I was never able to go. Thanks to Nanny and Daddy though because they chaperoned for him. This year at his new school, they went on one field trip and I was able to go. It was at Storyland in City Park. If you can recall, we went a birthday party there last year and since then, he has gone back a couple of times. He loves it!

I think what was so special about the trip for me, was to be able to watch Isaac interact with the other children. Sometimes I worry that maybe because he's a bit delayed with the speech, that he doesn't get to interact with them. That's definitely not the case! He was talking and playing with them and they were talking to him. We had so much fun! I am so pleased with his new school and so happy that we made the switch. He has had so much progress since then :). Now he'll be starting summer camp next Tuesday then entering the 3 year old class in September! (That is, if he can potty train!) In between, he'll be spending his days with daddy. From the looks of it, they're having a blast.

Isaac with friends

Looking at the ducks

Isaac and his (second) cousins

He LOVED the bus

1 comment:

Ashley said...

How fun! I am glad you got to go with him. Summer can't wait to ride the bus just like Isaac.

We had such a good time with you guys this past weekend. I wish we could see you guys more. :)