Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hearing Test

Since Isaac will be turning 3 this year, they are starting to transition him from Early Steps. In order to see whether he would need to continue speech therapy he needed to get a hearing test. A couple weeks ago, they tried but he had fluid in both ears. They did it today and he passed with flying colors! (Despite still having fluid in one ear) This leads me to believe that it's just an articulation issue. His speech therapist agrees with me. He is saying more and more by the day and even more importantly, he's starting to pronounce things better. He used to just call Andrew "da" and now he says "da-ddy." And it's very clear (and cute!) I might add. He tries to call Molly (although it sounds more like "Ahhhh-eeee").


His teacher told Andrew today that Isaac has come so far. Her exact words were "He is not the same little boy he was when we first met." That makes me so proud...and so grateful for him to have such great teachers and a speech therapist. I'm not sure where we'll go from here, but I do know that I feel very positive about his progress so far and have every reason to believe that he'll do just fine :).

Oh yeah, and one more thing. He's finally saying another word! That's right, he's saying "mommy." :) Some of you may remember some of the older blog posts of him rebelling against this word. What's SO funny about what he's saying is...well, it's "Bobby." He has problems with his m's. But either way, I don't care. It's funny, it's cute, and I know what he means!


1 comment:

Ashley said...

Well Selene looks like we are all going to start calling you Bobby. Chad and I laugh every time we see this video it is sooo cute.

So glad he passed the test.

We love you Isaac and we are celebrating all your progress!!!!!