Saturday, May 3, 2008

Goodnight?

Can't a woman get a good night's sleep?? And I know it's only going to get worse. Sleeping right now is miserable...first off, I have always slept on my stomach...ALWAYS. Well, it's getting uncomfortable. They tell you not to sleep on your back. So that leaves the side...so I got this Boppy body pillow that looks like a big comma. It's pretty good but everytime I want to switch sides I have to wake up and move the pillow. Once I woke up and Andrew was sleeping on his back and the pillow was flat on top of him covering his face!! HAHA. So, that aside...there's also reflux and heartburn. I pop my nightly Zantac but as soon as I lie down I have to will the contents of my stomach to stay where they belong. =( If that's not enough, there's the centipede episode. For those who don't know, a couple weeks ago I woke up with a centipede on my back crawling into my underwear...it stung me on my back and scarred me for life. (Mentally not physically). For those of you that have never had the opportunity to see a centipede...they are DISGUSTING!!!! Trust me, I'd rather wake up with a spider on me. So my point is that as soon as I get comfy, I think there's a centipede on me and I'm up and freaking out! We sleep with the tv on and a flashlight next to me. Grrrr. What else?? Oh yeah, then there's the fact that I have to get up to pee at least once a night.

Lastly, I have one more new sleep problem...every night for the past couple nights, I have woken up with a charlie horse in my calf. NOT COOL. Why is it that when you're most tired you're also most likely to be uncomfortable? God works in mysterious ways...I heard that it's to train me for when the baby's born. Won't be getting much sleep then either. HAHA

No comments: