Friday, November 2, 2012

Bedrest :(

Hi everyone! You may have heard by now but on Wednesday I got placed on bed rest. For now, it's at least until I see the dr. on Monday. Hopefully I'll be able to work after that. On Wednesday, I felt really flushed all day-just very hot and I had a headache, nausea, and seriously swollen feet. I usually don't have any symptoms when my blood pressure is high but decided to have a nurse check it out anyway. And it was high. The highest we got was 147/109 and the lowest it got (after sitting in the dark, staying still, and turning the lights off) was 142/102. I have seen numbers higher than that but I knew that I had taken my meds and it shouldn't be that high. What also concerned me was that I had actual symptoms.

I decided to call Dr. Dutreil's office (my OB), who then told me that I needed to do bed rest. My next check up was originally set for Wednesday but since I have a cardiology follow up on Monday, we moved it to Monday as well. I'm guessing his hopes are that taking it easy for a few days will lower my bp. I've been doing my best following doctor's orders, and I've been routinely monitoring my blood pressure. It runs a little high in the morning (right after I take my meds). After that, it's been really good. No swelling in the feet and no symptoms.

I guess if I have to do bed rest, this is a good weekend to do it (hoping that it'll only be a weekend). Isaac is going camping with Nanny and Poppy until Sunday afternoon. I'm really sad about it, but it works out. In the meantime, I guess I'll just be watching Netflix and trying to come up with a baby name. I'll also be going through baby's 0-3 month clothes collection to see if there's anything else that I'll need. I've been blessed with tons of hand me downs (including Isaac's), so I'm sure he'll be covered.

Please send prayers our way in hopes that the check up goes well and I'll be able to return to work! And I leave you with a pic of my bed rest buddy...



No comments: