Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Still pregnant?"

Yes, I'm still pregnant. I'm not even late so technically I can't even evict him yet! I had my second exam today and I am still not dilated, but I am a little effaced (your cervix gets thinned out as you get closer to labor, which is necessary for dilation). Baby still hasn't dropped into the birth canal yet. How frustrating! I know it means nothing...it doesn't mean that my water can't break anytime. But we need to see some progress to have a successful induction, if that's necessary. Soooo, they're having me go in again on Monday or Tuesday. If I'm 3 cm or more than they'll schedule the induction next week. If I'm still only 0-2 cm, then they're going to wait to induce until the next week (that I'm due.) Hopefully in that case, I'll have him naturally before then. My mom will be here on Monday, so it looks like she'll make it for the birth.


As for me, I'm actually feeling pretty good. Quite a bit of discomfort and pain but not to the point where I can't walk or anything. I'm sleeping a little better...it's hard. My mind is racing more than anything. We have everything set up around the house that we'll need...just a little more cleaning to do. And mentally...well, I'm just trying to think positively and be patient. I know that God has a plan for us and Baby Isaac will be here when he's ready. I can't help it if I have a cozy uterus =)
Me at 38 weeks
38 w 2d-Look at those big ole lips!! He was making sucking motions.
Big foot =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww...Selene, this is getting so exciting! I know you are so ready to meet your little man. I still can't believe you are going to be a mommy! I have to admit, I was getting a little emotional while reading your last blog. I can't wait to meet Baby Isaac!

Don't worry, he'll come into this world when he is ready :)