Thursday, September 11, 2008

Progress?

Nope, not yet. We had a dr. appointment today and I had my first internal exam. On a side note, it was not as bad as I was planning. Anyway, no dilation yet. In fact, he hasn't even dropped yet. It's still early though so I'm not worried. I'm hoping that by next week's visit I'll be 1-2 cm. It's just a game at this point. The thing is that my blood pressure is going up a little bit now, which means that they may have to induce (which was expected) before things get dangerous. But they don't want to induce if I have no progress on my own...that will most likely result in a c-section and I really REALLY don't want one. I'm terrified of getting a c-section. I know they're safe and all but it's just a personal preference. Of course, if there is any danger to the baby I'll do what I have to do. That being said, I don't want to progress too fast because I want him to wait for my mom to get here. 

*sigh* This is one stubborn little baby...I'll tell you that much. But it's still early. Progression at this point really means nothing. A woman can walk around stuck at 3 cm for 2 weeks, where as another woman may go from 0-4 cm in a day. So, hopefully he'll come on his own but not too soon. In the meantime, I'll be patient and continue to get my 3-4 hours/sleep a night =)

PS-I find it so weird to talk about my progress with someone I'm not close to. And if you're ready this, then we're close so it's cool. HAHA. It's just weird. Like, "so...how is your vagina doing today?"  "It's all good...and yours?" Like we're talking about the weather or something! 

No comments: