Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What's in a Name?

Help!! Picking a name for baby is so much harder than I thought...I guess I always thought that I would see a name that I like and that would be it! Well, now that it's time to actually pick one I find myself paying close attention to what the name means.I don't want him running around with the German word for clown as his name! haha. So I am officially using this time to open up the floor for ideas. I have searched baby name sites and I think I'm going crazy. And after making a list of ones I like, Andrew doesn't like any. Speaking of Andrew, we will most likely be using his name for the middle name but it's not a definite. So anyway, feel free to send me ideas.
Here are a couple things that we are considering that are making it difficult:
-Any first names that end in -er sound funny with Muller (ex. Carter, Conner...)
-Some names that start with m sound funny with Muller (ex. Max)
-I tried to make it interesting by combining our names and/or middle names. Although when I was excited about Ansel, Andrew about died!! I thought I was so cool making it up too...HAHA...I told you I was going crazy. I WAS and still am proud of Dayton though (from Danielle and Clayton-our middle names) although Andrew doesn't like it.
-He can't have stupid initials. I want to get a tattoo of his initials eventually and I don't want to run around with something like "jim" on me.
-We want something timeless. Not necessarily completely traditional...but something that will grow with him. You know some names just sound good for a baby??

Oh and one more thing...we haven't decided whether we will disclose baby's name before the birth. Maybe, maybe not. Telling someone the name opens the door for people to say "ew, I don't like it." And I don't know if I want that =) So, you can pretend to like it once he's born! Just humor me, ok. =)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

OK so I am going to be the annoying sister-in-law and give you a ton of names this is my list and Chad is getting his together. i am not sure what he will come up with. I think all of these names sound good with Andrew as the middle name.
1. Collin
2. Caden
3. Zackary or Zachary
4. Jake-then you could get JAM for a tattoo haha
5. Harrison
6. Colton
Love yall

Anonymous said...

you have driven yourself crazy with this baby name game... I was seriously laughing out loud while reading your blog. Totally making a fool of myself in front of my cats... i would love to know what they think of me with a silver laptop on my lap, sunk down on the sofa laughing like a crazy woman...