Friday, June 27, 2008

Little Stubborn One

So we had a little scare today. Yesterday I realized that I hadn't felt baby move all day. I haven't started my kick counts yet (you don't until you're 28 weeks), but he had a schedule of being active. So last night I started freakin out. I started googling and looking in my books for what to do. Even after drinking juice and lying on my side...still nothing. So of course I didn't sleep all night. Just switched positions, pushed on my belly, and cried until I finally felt a thud around 4 am. Once I woke up at 5, I probably felt about 1 or 2 thuds and then I freaked out around 10:30. So...I called the advice nurse who then told me that I needed to go to Labor and Delivery for monitoring which of course freaked me out more. When I got there they hooked the belt up to me because they wanted to monitor baby's heartbeat for about 30 minutes and another belt for contractions. As soon as we heard the heartbeat (which was sounding great by the way!), we heard about 5 thuds in about 2 minutes. Oh yeah, that was fetal movement! Little bugger was doing it for attention! haha. Actually the doctor said that the pressure of the belts makes him move. He also said that it's normal to not feel an actual pattern yet. We then got another ultrasound to check my fluid level...which was also really good and of course, made Andrew's day! And we got more confirmation that it is a boy.

Just wanted to share this stressful experience. Thank God that everything was ok. I love my little boy so much already and I want to make sure that I'm doing what I need to do to keep him safe!

No comments: