Friday, March 29, 2013

Family Update

Hi! This past few months have been a whilrwind...I figured I should give an update on each of us.

Elliot- He's four months old now. I forgot just how fun it is at this age to see them explore the little things each day. He's getting so big...and chunky! And he's looking more and more like my mom and that side of the family. We don't think he looks like his big brother when he was that age at all. I look at him and can't believe he was born 2 months early...although he's a little developmentally behind, he's doing great!

Isaac- He's such a good big brother! I'm not sure if he's gotten that much bigger/older or if it just seems that way now that we have Elliot. He's so smart and all of his "why" questions are starting to be more insightful. Yesterday he asked me why the moon was round and not a crescent like usual. Right now he's into the Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, and the Avengers. I can't believe he'll be going into kindergarten in the fall.

Mommy- I have adjusted to being back at work. Two weeks after returning from maternity leave, my boss told us she would be leaving. She's now gone and I've found myself there longer than the other dietitians. I'm left working in the NICU and I'm now the fulltime metabolic dietitian...doing VERY specialized diets for children with metabolic disorders such as PKU and galactosemia (and TONS more). I love it and I'm learning every day. I'm contemplating going for the chief dietitian position. That about sums life up..work, pumping, and family. We're also still trying to get the house straight. Can you believe that we still have a few boxes that need unpacking? haha

Daddy- He is now working full time with Dish Network doing home installations. Starting next week, he'll be out of training and on his own. Although his long term plan is to be an electrical engineer, we had to put school on hold for a bit. Daddy loves playing with Isaac and learning to be quite the handyman at home.

Our family has been through so many changes over the past year and we are so very grateful that we have such a great support system in our friends and family. Even through tough times, God always seems to provide for us.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Glad all is well in the Muller family and Isaac in K next year-I can't even believe it. Love yall.

Dustin and Jody said...

Congratulations on the metabolic position. Dustin and I LOVE our metabolic nurse, she makes our lives so easy and is so comforting when she calls or we meet with her. Dustin and I are truly appreciative of all her hard work and I am sure your clients love you as much as we love our Lisa.