Sunday, September 19, 2010

Speech Update

Isaac's speech therapist comes to his daycare once a week and she keeps notes and sends them to me. Right now they have a goal to increase his number of words and to increase the use of his words. She is happy with his progress so far. I have noticed him babbling more and making sounds that I've never heard him make before. For example, this past week his therapist has him working on his snake sound "ssss". He also tries to imitate sounds. He is doing some signing as well. He signs "more", "eat", and "please." He probably does more but those are the notes that I have.

I know every parent says this, but I'm so amazed at how smart he is :). He follows a lot of directions and he helps me dress him everyday. He's getting good at puzzles and he loves to look at books.

I'll continue to keep ya'll updated on his speech.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That is great news. And pretty cool that he is learning signs too.