Saturday, May 22, 2010

Starting Daycare

Isaac started daycare last week. We're taking him to Spring Ridge Academy (thanks for the rec Ms. Deb!).It's been difficult...for me at least. Andrew and I brought him on the first day and he did well. We started him part time until Andrew starts school (in 2 weeks) just to ease him into it. The first day went well but then I had to bring him one morning and it was horrible. He clung to me like crazy and screamed. I cried all the way to work. Ugh. But I picked him up yesterday and he was playing outside iwth his new friends. I know it'll take some getting used to (for both of us) but it's been really tough. On his first day, I cried ALL day at work. I can't believe he's such a big boy now. The people are really nice there and we're comfortable leaving him in that environment so that makes me happy. Here are some pics....Oh yeah, and random note: can you believe he sleeps on a big boy mat? *boo hoo*
First Day


Testing out a chair


Eating lunch with friends
(This pic made me cry all day)

2 comments:

Dustin and Jody said...

He is growing up so fast! What a big achievement to attend daycare. I am so proud of him and you (mom)ha!

Its hard to drop them off, but we just have to trust our teachers have the babies best interest in mind and they are in good hands. I feel sad when I drop Sophie off too, but she always gets a big smile when we see her teacher, so I think she likes it.

Love that you took pictures of the first day!!!

Ashley said...

AHH I miss Isaac so much! The daycare looks really neat. I am glad he likes it.