Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Heading Home!

I wanted to update everyone. There has been a turn of events lately in our lives that has put us in a tough situation. Throughout it all, we have kept our faith in God. Our plan has always been to stay in Houston and for me to find a job here. Of the maybe 15 (?) jobs that I applied to and 2 interviews that I went on, no such luck in Houston. I applied to 2 jobs in New Orleans and found out last week that I got one. It is a job at WIC where I'll be the Registered Dietitian in charge of training all new nutritionists, breastfeeding counselors, as well as counseling high risk patients. I am very VERY excited about it and always saw this as a job that I would only get down the road. We are extremely excited to be headed back home to New Orleans. I am starting on December 14th, so we'll be there soon! After being away for so long, it made us miss it more. The one thing we are sad about is moving away from our family here...especially Austin, Summer, Ashley, and Andrew's two brothers. But at least we'll be closer than when we were in Hawaii.

Moral of the story? Sometimes things fall apart so better things can fall into place. Although we may not know what God's plan for us may be, He will ALWAYS provide. We always kept our faith in God and once again, He didn't let us down.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: