Thursday, October 23, 2008

Isaac is one month old!

I can't believe my little bubs is already 1 month old! We went to his pediatrician yesterday to follow up with his weight. He started off at 6lb 5.6oz. At his 2 week checkup he was 6lb 12oz and yesterday he was...8lb 10oz!! Holy Cow!! While I am sad that he is getting bigger, I am very happy that he's obviously eating well. We have mastered (well almost) the art of breastfeeding. I was adamant about doing it...it was just a personal choice of mine that I feel strongly about and I'm so glad that it's been working! It wasn't easy for either of us to learn with him in the NICU attached to those wires...but we got the hang of it together and with the help of daddy.


So Isaac is smiling more and more but still not "socially". Just in response to having a belly full of milk =). He can also focus on our faces. He is starting to hold his head up...especially when I'm trying to burp him! He is over being swaddled. When I try, he grunts like a pig and kicks until he frees himself. I feel so blessed to have him in my life. It's so amazing to just watch him grow and discover things around him. And we can't wait for everyone to meet our little man!!



1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a big boy.
We can't wait to love on our nephew.