Sunday, March 16, 2008

12 Week Visit

We went to the dr. on Friday for the first time. I really didn't know what to expect, but in the end it was awesome!! They just did a regular exam and then when they tried to find the heartbeat, they couldn't. It was pretty scary because they were looking for about 5 minutes and no one warned me that it's still kind of early to hear the heartbeat through the doppler! That was the longest 5 minutes of my life...in fact, it was probably only 2 minutes. Honestly, it was the scariest silence I've ever heard. We were both pretty upset, but then they decided to do an ultrasound. We got to see baby...and yes, only one baby...HAHA. It was amazing. I never though I would cry, but I did. A lot. We could see the baby clearly on the screen. We could also see the flicker of the heartbeat and see the baby kick! The only regret is not getting a picture! I guess I didn't think to ask...I assumed it was understood. Plus, I was just so excited to know that everything is ok =).

One thing that they are worried about is my high blood pressure. I am on my medication still, and it's not too high...but they don't want it to spike or get any higher. I'm taking a couple more tests for baseline labs and then they need to have me go in every 3 weeks to make sure it doesn't turn into preeclampsia. *crosses fingers* So, we'll be back on April 4th. If we get another ultrasound, I'll ask for a pic this time =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad that everything is going smoothly! I'm thinking about y'all all the time :)

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so excited!! That's very exciting and congratulations again! I'm praying for ya'll and still keep us updated.